New Carbon Block Heat Exchangers
Because graphite in inherently weak in tension and strong in compression, the cylindrical heat exchanger, with it's axial spring compression principle, accomodates higher design pressures.
Important Features Are:
- Solid drilled construction in multiples of 14" long sections; or single monolithic cores without cemented joints, up to 70" in length.
- Excellent corrosion resistance to a wide variety of chemicals.
- ASME code construction (lethal designation available).
- Standard maximum allowable working pressures - 100 PSIG for both process and service sides. Higher allowable working pressures may be available.
- No exposed graphite.
- Alternating rows of process and service holes for maximum heat transfer.
- Design temperature of 360 degrees F. Can be exceeded for certain applications with water cooled heads.
- All exchangers are hydrostatically tested at 1-1/2 tiems the MAWP on process and service sides prior to shipment.
- All graphite components are pneumatically tested after resin impregnation for assurance of an impervious graphite structure.
- The highest standards of quality control are maintained throughout the manufacturing process.
- Compressed TFE gaskets between sections.
- Horizontal or verticle supports.
- Nozzle sizes are provided to suit application.
- Installation, maintenance and operating instructions are available.